Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I buy the HumidiFlyer?
How long does it take for delivery?
Delivery options depend on the country in which you wish to receive the HumidiFlyer.
In the USA you have 3 options on checkout for delivery.
USPS 4 – 6 business days
FedEx 2 day & FedEx overnight.
In the UK there are 2 options: Royal Mail 1-3 business days and DHL overnight.
For Australia Standard Post 3 – 5 business days and Overnight Post next day in the Australia Post guaranteed network.
Europe there is FedEx 1-2 business days
New Zealand usually 2 – 3 business days. Major cities can be overnight – Shipping is included in the unit price.
For Israel and South Africa units are sent DHL from the UK and can take 5 days for delivery. Shipping is included in the unit price.
Asia Pacific units are sent Australia Post Tracked and Signature required from Australia. Delivery 4 – 7 business days. Shipping is included in the unit price.
Is the HumidiFlyer comfortable to wear for long periods?
How long do I need to wear it to obtain relief?
Can I share the HumidiFlyer?
How does the filter work and can I replace it?
The HumidiFlyer contains a filter which retains your natural humidity and air temperature levels and uses them to condition the dry cabin air that you breathe in. It may also filters dust and foreign particles from the air you breathe. You never replace the filter. The HumidiFlyer has an estimated life of 100 hours and can be re-used over many flights before replacing the HumidiFlyer.
The filter is an open weave medium which allows your breath to pass through it and it traps the moisture from your breath on the way out. When breathing in the moisture from the filter is picked up again. As it is an open weave medium there is no residual carbon dioxide left in the mask.
How do I keep the HumidiFlyer clean?
Each HumidiFlyer comes with advice for cleaning to maximise the life of the item. The mask should be cleaned after each flight, ensuring the filter does not get wet. This is done by holding the unit upside down and cleaning with warm soapy water and rinsing and allowing to dry thoroughly or by wiping clean with an antiseptic cloth and drying thoroughly.
Tips for Further Enhancing the Benefits of the HumidiFlyer.
Here are a few tips that will make using the HumidiFlyer an even easier and more enjoyable experience:
1. Keep the mesh bag that your HumidiFlyer arrives in and after the flight and cleaning.
2. If you are buying several items for a sports group for another for a fellow traveller, names can be written on the space provided on the back of the filter area, to avoid any confusion as to which is yours.
3. Extra benefit can be achieved by placing a few drops of aroma therapy oils on the filter. Eucalyptus oil is especially beneficial for the sinuses.
4. Many travellers are also using it in dry air conditioned hotel rooms when sleeping – you may like to also!
5. Drink plenty of water during the flight to aid your hydration and keep alcohol to a minimum as it has the opposite effect.